At the time of her death on December 30, 2022, renowned American broadcast journalist, author, and television personality, Barbara Walters, had amassed a net worth of $170 million. Walters’ wealth was the result of a long and distinguished career in the media industry, where she broke barriers and became a significant influence for women in broadcast journalism.
- Jackie Christie’s Impressive Net Worth in 2023 Revealed – Reality TV Star and Businesswoman Thrives
- Shep Rose Net Worth: A Look at His Diverse Income Streams and Success
- What Will Be Cynthia Bailey’s Net Worth in 2023? Find Out How This Reality Star Made Her Fortune
- How High Is Yung Bleu’s Net Worth in 2023? – Discover The Success Journey Behind His $5 Million Fortune
- How Rich is Reese Witherspoon? Unveiling the Hollywood Star’s Net Worth and her Path to Wealth!
Summary of Barbara Walters’ Net Worth 2023
|Net Worth at time of death||$170 million|
|Career||Broadcast Journalist, Author, Television Personality|
|Notable Roles||Co-host of “The Today Show”, Co-anchor of “ABC Evening News”, Creator and Co-host of “The View”|
|Books Published||“How to Talk with Practically Anybody about Practically Anything” (1970), “Audition: A Memoir” (2008)|
|Death||December 30, 2022|
Detailed Analysis of Barbara Walters’ Net Worth 2023
Barbara Walters’ significant net worth was a testament to her exceptional career and groundbreaking achievements. Her earnings increased steadily over the years, reflecting her increasing popularity and influence in the media industry.
- As a co-host of “The Today Show”, Walters was earning $700,000 per year.
- She shattered glass ceilings in 1976 by becoming the first woman co-anchor of a network evening news program, earning a salary of $1 million.
- By 2000, Walters was bringing in $12 million annually for her work with ABC News and “20/20”.
- When she retired from “The View”, she sold her 50% stake in the show, earning her a substantial eight-figure sum.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Barbara Walters was born on September 25, 1929, in Boston, Massachusetts. Her early exposure to the world of entertainment through her father’s work as a nightclub manager and Broadway producer sparked her interest in media.
After graduating from Sarah Lawrence College in 1951 with a degree in English, Walters started her career at a small advertising agency before landing a job at NBC affiliate WNBT-TV.
Thanks for all of the warm birthday wishes from far and wide. I appreciate everyone who reached out on my special day.
— Barbara Walters (@BarbaraJWalters) September 25, 2017
Walters joined NBC’s “The Today Show” in 1961, starting as a writer and researcher. She would later become the first female co-host of the show in 1974.
She made history again in 1976 when she became the first woman to co-anchor a network evening news program. Over the years, Walters hosted several other notable programs, including “20/20” and “The View”.
Impact and Influence
Walters has been recognized for her contribution to journalism and media. Her interviews with world leaders and popular entertainers have often made headlines.
She has also been honored with numerous awards, including the Overseas Press Club’s highest award, the President’s Award, and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Women’s Media Foundation.
Personal Life and Legacy
Barbara Walters was married four times and has one adopted daughter, Jacqueline. She suffered from aortic valve stenosis and underwent successful heart surgery in 2010.
Despite her health challenges, Walters continued to work until her retirement in 2014. She passed away in her Manhattan home on December 30, 2022, at the age of 93.
For three decades until her death, Walters resided in a co-op NYC building located at 944 Fifth Avenue. The apartment, overlooking Central Park, was listed for sale in April 2023 for $19.75 million.
Barbara Walters’ net worth of $170 million in 2023 is a reflection of her groundbreaking career and influence in the media industry. Her legacy continues to inspire women in broadcast journalism.
1. What was Barbara Walters’ net worth at the time of her death?
At the time of her death, Barbara Walters had a net worth of $170 million.
2. When did Barbara Walters retire?
Barbara Walters retired from broadcasting in 2014.
3. What were some of the notable shows Barbara Walters hosted?
Barbara Walters hosted several notable shows including “The Today Show”, “20/20”, and “The View”.
4. Did Barbara Walters have any children?
Yes, Barbara Walters has an adopted daughter, Jacqueline.
5. When and where did Barbara Walters die?
Barbara Walters died in her home in Manhattan on December 30, 2022.
Disclaimer: This article is written by Noimi Harris and his views don't reflect those of PredictGov. We don't guarantee the accuracy Use your own judgment before relying on it. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. For concerns, use our Comment Box or Contact Us form. We're not liable for any losses or damages due to this content.