Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, a Mexican boxing prodigy, currently boasts an impressive net worth of $200 million. Known as one of the best pound-for-pound boxers, Alvarez’s wealth is a testament to his successful career, which began at the early age of 15 and has seen him secure multiple world championships in four weight classes.
- Discover the Diverse Fortune of Mick Foley, the Wrestling Legend 2021
- What is Jared Fogle’s Net Worth After Legal Troubles? – Discover the Financial Rise and Fall of the Former Subway Spokesperson
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s Staggering Net Worth and Career Earnings
- Jason Statham Net Worth 2023 Revealed: How the Action Star Amassed $90 Million
- Patricia Altschul’s Impressive Fortune Revealed in 2023
Summary of Canelo Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$200 Million|
|Date of Birth:||July 18, 1990|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)|
Diving Deeper into Canelo Net Worth
- Alvarez’s net worth has been significantly bolstered by his contract with Oscar De La Hoya’s promotion company and DAZN, a deal worth $365 million covering 11 fights.
- Between June 2018 and June 2019, Canelo earned $95 million from his boxing empire.
- He added another $90 million to his wealth from June 2020 to June 2021.
- Notable fights against opponents like Gennady Golovkin have brought significant paydays, contributing substantially to his net worth.
Alvarez’s professional career has been marked by numerous notable victories and world championships in four weight classes. His major accomplishments include triumphs in the WBC, WBA (Super), and Ring magazine light middleweight titles in 2011, and the unified WBA (Unified), WBC, Ring, and lineal middleweight titles in 2015.
I bring the action in the ring, Netflix brings the action on screen | Yo soy el campeón y Netflix trae la acción. Nos vemos el sábado ?#LaAcciónEstaEnNetflix #NobodyHitsLikeNetflix pic.twitter.com/ym1IbJ3PAN
— Canelo Alvarez (@Canelo) September 28, 2023
In December 2020, Alvarez achieved a historic feat by becoming the first boxer to unify the WBA (Super), WBC, and Ring magazine super middleweight titles. This achievement has further cemented his legacy in the world of boxing.
Contract with DAZN
In 2018, Alvarez signed a lucrative 5-year, $365 million fight contract with Oscar De La Hoya’s promotion company and DAZN. This deal, which covers 11 fights, has significantly contributed to Alvarez’s net worth.
Between June 2018 and June 2019, Alvarez earned a staggering $95 million from his boxing empire. His earnings for the subsequent year stood at $40 million, and from June 2020 to June 2021, he added another $90 million to his wealth.
In September 2020, Alvarez filed a breach of contract lawsuit against DAZN, Golden Boy Promotions, and Golden Boy’s CEO Oscar De La Hoya, seeking $280 million in damages. This legal battle has played a role in shaping the course of his professional journey.
Canelo Alvarez’s net worth is a testament to his successful and dominant boxing career. His impressive earnings, both from his fights and contracts, have made him one of the wealthiest athletes in the sport.
1. What is Canelo Alvarez’s net worth?
As of now, Canelo Alvarez’s net worth stands at $200 million.
2. How much does Canelo Alvarez make per fight?
Under his contract with DAZN, Alvarez was set to earn $35 million per fight.
3. What is the biggest payday Canelo Alvarez has had?
One of Alvarez’s most significant paydays came from his fight against Gennady Golovkin, from which he earned $40 million.
4. Did Canelo Alvarez file a lawsuit against DAZN and Golden Boy Promotions?
Yes, in September 2020, Alvarez filed a lawsuit against DAZN, Golden Boy Promotions, and Oscar De La Hoya, seeking $280 million in damages.
5. What are some of Canelo Alvarez’s notable accomplishments?
Alvarez has secured multiple world championships in four weight classes and became the first boxer to unify the WBA (Super), WBC, and Ring magazine super middleweight titles in December 2020.
Disclaimer: This article is written by John Nay and his views don't reflect those of PredictGov. We don't guarantee the accuracy Use your own judgment before relying on it. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. For concerns, use our Comment Box or Contact Us form. We're not liable for any losses or damages due to this content.