Renowned comedian Chris Rock was married to Malaak Compton-Rock for 18 years before they decided to part ways in 2014, with their divorce being finalized in 2016. Malaak, who mostly stayed away from public attention during her marriage to Chris, has since taken to social media, showcasing her philanthropy work and life with her daughters, and her new partner.
- Pedro and Chantel Divorce Update: No Official Confirmation Yet – A Deep-Dive Analysis of Their Split
- Will and Jada Divorce Rumors Yet Again Debunked by Power Couple – Controversy-Plagued Marriage
- Why Did Nick and Danielle Divorce? Compatibility Differences Lead to Split – Journey Post-Separation
- Amy Slaton Divorce Update: Standstill Despite New Relationship | Inside Slaton’s Complex Separation
- Lisa Hochstein Divorce Drama Intensifies with Settlement Rescindment – A Detailed Breakdown
Summary of Chris Rock divorce
|Chris Rock’s Marriage||Married to Malaak Compton-Rock in 1996|
|Children||Two daughters, Lola Simon and Zahra Savannah, with Malaak. Malaak adopted another daughter, Ntombi, from South Africa.|
|Separation||Announced their split in December 2014|
|Divorce Finalized||August 2016|
|Post-Divorce Life||Chris Rock admitted to infidelity, Malaak is now in a new relationship|
Chris Rock divorce: A deeper dive
The couple’s divorce was a notable point in both their lives, as they had been married for nearly two decades. Here are some key points about their relationship and the subsequent divorce:
- Chris and Malaak met at the Essence magazine awards in 1994 and tied the knot in 1996.
- The couple have two daughters together, Lola Simon and Zahra Savannah. Malaak also adopted another daughter, Ntombi, from South Africa.
- The couple announced their separation in December 2014 and their divorce was finalized in August 2016.
- After their divorce, Malaak has been open about her new relationship on Instagram, while Chris has admitted to infidelity during their marriage.
Malaak Compton-Rock: A brief profile
Malaak Compton-Rock is a former publicist who later found her “true calling” when she began working for UNICEF. She holds a B.A. in arts and production management from Howard University and an M.A. in global development and social Justice from St. John’s University.
— Chris Rock (@chrisrock) December 25, 2022
Children of Chris and Malaak
Chris and Malaak share two daughters, Lola Simon and Zahra Savannah. Malaak also adopted another daughter, Ntombi, from South Africa.
Philanthropy Work of Malaak
Malaak is passionate about humanitarian work and advocacy. She founded the Angelrock Project Foundation in 2008 and also serves on the board of the Children’s Defense Fund New York.
Infidelity in Marriage
Chris Rock has been candid about his infidelity during his marriage. He admitted to cheating on Malaak with at least three women during his 2017 Total Blackout Tour.
Post-divorce, Malaak is in a new relationship. Chris Rock, on the other hand, has used his divorce as material for his stand-up comedy routines.
While the divorce marked a major turning point in the lives of both Chris and Malaak, they have both moved on and are focusing on their individual lives and careers.
1. When did Chris Rock and Malaak Compton-Rock get married?
Chris Rock and Malaak Compton-Rock got married in 1996.
2. How many children do Chris Rock and Malaak Compton-Rock have?
They have two daughters together, Lola Simon and Zahra Savannah. Malaak also adopted another daughter, Ntombi, from South Africa.
3. When did Chris Rock and Malaak Compton-Rock get divorced?
Their divorce was finalized in August 2016.
4. Did Chris Rock admit to infidelity during their marriage?
Yes, Chris Rock admitted to cheating on Malaak with at least three women during his 2017 Total Blackout Tour.
5. What is Malaak Compton-Rock doing now?
Malaak is involved in philanthropy work and is in a new relationship.
Disclaimer: This article is written by John Nay and his views don't reflect those of PredictGov. We don't guarantee the accuracy Use your own judgment before relying on it. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. For concerns, use our Comment Box or Contact Us form. We're not liable for any losses or damages due to this content.