Since 2008, the ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestine has led to the death of approximately 6,400 Palestinians and 300 Israelis, according to United Nations reports. The recent escalation of violence in the Gaza Strip has resulted in the death of at least 830 Palestinians and injury of another 4,250 due to Israeli retaliatory attacks, as stated by Palestinian authorities.
- “Is Joseph Gordon Levitt Asian” Decoded: His Ancestry Explained in Detail
- “Are we in a recession Reddit” Evaluates Economic Concerns – Breaking Down User Opinions & Factors
- Who Attacked Israel and Why? Hamas Launched Large-Scale Invasion Against Israel to End Alleged Israeli Rampages
- Who are Hamas allies and their role in Middle East dynamics – Breaking down Hamas’ ties to Afghanistan, Iran, Syria and more
- A Person Who Thinks All the Time: Alan Watts’ View on Overthinking – Diving Deeper into the Concept
Summary of number of Palestinian civilians killed by Israel
|Year||Number of Palestinians Killed||Number of Palestinians Injured|
|2008 – 2022||6,400||Unknown|
|2023||830 (till October)||4,250|
Number of Palestinian civilians killed by Israel
The number of Palestinian civilians killed by Israel has been rising due to the ongoing conflict. This includes both direct and indirect victims of the violence, such as those who have been killed in airstrikes, or those who have died due to lack of access to medical care or basic necessities due to the blockade imposed by Israel.
- Since 2008, approximately 6,400 Palestinians have lost their lives in the conflict.
- In 2023 alone, at least 830 Palestinians have been killed as of October.
- 33 of these fatalities in 2023 have been children, as reported by the advocacy group Defense for Children Palestine.
“The Israeli soldiers discovered babies with heads cut off”
Hamas beheaded babies.
— Hen Mazzig (@HenMazzig) October 10, 2023
Impact on the Gaza Strip
The Gaza Strip, controlled by Hamas, has been the epicenter of the conflict. The recent escalation of violence has resulted in significant damage to infrastructure, including homes, hospitals, and communication centers, leaving the area in a state of humanitarian crisis.
Living Conditions in Gaza
The ongoing conflict and blockade have significantly impacted living conditions in Gaza. According to the United Nations, 81% of the population in Gaza lives in poverty, and 63% face food insecurity. Access to clean water and electricity remains at “crisis” levels.
Impact on Children
Children have not been spared from the violence. At least 33 Palestinian children were killed in the retaliatory airstrikes launched into Gaza by Israel in 2023, according to the advocacy group Defense for Children Palestine.
Impact on Healthcare
The conflict has severely impacted the healthcare system in Gaza. Hospitals are overcrowded, there is a shortage of drugs and medical supplies, and many medical facilities have been damaged or destroyed in the airstrikes.
Human rights organizations and international bodies have expressed concern about the escalating violence and its impact on civilians, calling for respect of international humanitarian law and the Geneva Conventions.
The ongoing Israel-Palestine conflict continues to result in significant civilian casualties, particularly on the Palestinian side. The international community’s call for respect for international humanitarian law is more crucial than ever as the conflict shows no signs of deescalating.
1. How many Palestinian civilians have been killed by Israel since 2008?
Approximately 6,400 Palestinians have been killed by Israel since 2008.
2. How many Palestinians have been killed in 2023?
As of October 2023, at least 830 Palestinians have been killed.
3. How many children have been killed in the conflict in 2023?
At least 33 Palestinian children have been killed in 2023.
4. How has the conflict impacted the healthcare system in Gaza?
The conflict has resulted in overcrowded hospitals, shortage of medical supplies, and damage to medical facilities.
5. What is the international community’s response to the conflict?
International bodies and human rights organizations have called for respect for international humanitarian law and the Geneva Conventions.
Disclaimer: This article is written by John Nay and his views don't reflect those of PredictGov. We don't guarantee the accuracy Use your own judgment before relying on it. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. For concerns, use our Comment Box or Contact Us form. We're not liable for any losses or damages due to this content.