At the time of her untimely death in 2012, legendary singer Whitney Houston had a net worth of approximately $20 million. This figure reflects her earnings from a career that spanned almost four decades, with her income stemming from her record sales, film appearances, and concert tours. Despite rumors of financial difficulties towards the end of her life, Houston’s estate had significant value, which was inherited by her only child, Bobbi Kristina Brown.
- What Will Be Drake’s Net Worth in 2023? Find Out How the Canadian Rapper Amassed His $270 Million Fortune
- What’s Kaley Cuoco’s Net Worth in 2023? Find Out How She Earned Her Fortune!
- How Much is Vikas Oberoi’s Net Worth? Discover the Wealth of India’s Real Estate Magnate
- John Denver’s Untimely Demise Uncovers Legacy and Wealth Distribution Challenges
- What’s Trevor Noah’s Net Worth? Find Out How the South African Star Amassed His Fortune!
Summary of Whitney Houston’s net worth at death
|Whitney Houston’s Net Worth at Death||$20 million|
|Key Income Sources||Record sales, film roles, concert tours|
|Estate Inherited by||Bobbi Kristina Brown|
Detailed Overview of Whitney Houston’s Net Worth at Death
Whitney Houston’s net worth at the time of her death was a culmination of her multi-faceted career as a singer, actress, and producer. Her wealth was derived from various sources:
– Her record sales, with more than 200 million records sold worldwide.
– Her film roles, notably her major blockbuster debut in the 1992 movie, The Bodyguard.
– Her concert tours, including the 2010 Nothing But Love Tour which grossed $36 million.
Whitney Houston’s Record Sales
Houston’s record sales were a significant contributor to her wealth. She was one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with more than 200 million records sold worldwide. Her albums, including 1985’s Whitney Houston and 1987’s Whitney, both reached number one on the Billboard 200 and are among the best-selling albums of all time.
Whitney Houston’s Film Roles
Houston’s acting career also added to her net worth. She made her major blockbuster debut in the 1992 movie, The Bodyguard. The film grossed more than $121.9 million in the United States and Canada and $410.9 million worldwide. Furthermore, Houston made $33 million from the movie’s soundtrack.
Whitney Houston’s Concert Tours
Houston’s concert tours were another significant income source. Her 2010 Nothing But Love Tour, for instance, grossed $36 million.
Whitney Houston’s Record Contract
In 2001, Houston signed a $100 million contract with Arista Records, further bolstering her net worth.
Whitney Houston’s Estate
Houston’s estate, valued at $20 million at the time of her death, was inherited by her only child, Bobbi Kristina Brown. After Bobbi Kristina’s untimely death in 2015, the estate was passed on to Houston’s mother, Cissy Houston, and her two brothers.
Despite her tragic and untimely death, Whitney Houston’s legacy lives on, reflected not just in her music and film roles, but also in the substantial net worth she accumulated over her career. Her estate continues to generate income, ensuring that her contribution to the music and film industries continues to be recognized and celebrated.
1. How much was Whitney Houston’s net worth at the time of her death?
Whitney Houston’s net worth was approximately $20 million when she died.
2. What were the main sources of Whitney Houston’s income?
Houston’s wealth primarily came from her record sales, film roles, and concert tours.
3. Who inherited Whitney Houston’s estate after her death?
Houston’s estate was inherited by her only child, Bobbi Kristina Brown. After Bobbi Kristina’s death, the estate went to Houston’s mother, Cissy Houston, and her two brothers.
4. Did Whitney Houston have any financial difficulties towards the end of her life?
There were rumors of financial troubles, but at the time of her death, Houston’s estate was worth approximately $20 million.
5. How does Whitney Houston’s estate continue to generate income?
Income continues to be generated from Houston’s music and film royalties, as well as from posthumous releases and other ventures related to her legacy.
Disclaimer: This article is written by John Nay and his views don't reflect those of PredictGov. We don't guarantee the accuracy Use your own judgment before relying on it. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. For concerns, use our Comment Box or Contact Us form. We're not liable for any losses or damages due to this content.